About Me

My photo
I'm a free-lance Artist, My main website https://www.facebook.com/petergrayart please email me for info on prices for original artwork and prints etc.. petergrayartist@gmail.com

Tuesday 6 September 2011

About the Artist...



About the artist...

Peter Gray

Born in Surrey, I’ve enjoyed drawing all my life.  

It is in my blood, as my Dad was also an artist and professional graphic designer. We used to make up comics together and I won a few competitions with my efforts. I’m still a big British comic fan, writing a successful blog and some of my first edition comics have appeared on the BBC.

As art was my passion at school, I went onto Epsom College where I studied A level art and a BTEC in Graphic Design. This was great fun. I was using different art techniques, materials and researching both artists and styles. I then did a three year degree in Graphic Design.

Dad and I published a humorous, cartoon book called The Pilgrim Family.

I’m inspired by Rolf Harris and Tony Hart, who are great artists.

I’m often go to art galleries for inspiration.  My favourite genre is Impressionism as I like how it can capture emotion and feeling.

I teach art to people with disabilities at Bell’s Piece, Farnham, Surrey.

I started drawing animals and pets in September 2009, after many years of being a cartoonist. My animal cards and prints sold well at craft fairs and now I make my living drawing pets, trying to capture their personality, their expressive face and their character.

My pencil is ready.  Please send the best photo of your pet to my email address.

I’ll produce a drawing which will make you and others smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Started 20th July 2009

View Cart